Have you ever wondered what health insurance companies ARE willing to cover in the “sex” realm. If you have a penis, it’s amazing how far they’ll go to assist your erection. As Congress debates whether to cover birth control for women - in 20 fucking 12, the irony is not lost on me:
1. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs - I guess it’s “kosher” to assist a punt but not to block a punt.
2. Vacuum Erection Devises - and we’re not talking about the garden variety penis pump you can buy online for $20. No, we’re talking about sophisticated electronic devices in the $300-$500 category. Oh, and they’re even covered by Medicare.
3. Penile Implants - I’ll give them Viagra but erection surgery with anaesthesia and everything? This $10k-$20k implant is FULLY COVERED BY INSURANCE. All I can say is WTF!
4. Vasectomies - this really burns. A woman can’t get coverage for the pill, the IUD or a diaphragm but a man can get coverage for birth control surgery. There’s no medical reason for a vasectomy other than you don’t want to father a child. Again, this is another $500-$1,000 procedure covered by insurance.
5. Circumcision - it comes as no surprise that insurance companies will cover genital mutiliation across the board for infants. Some even cover adult circumcision. Even though the AMA has declared that there’s no medical reason for circumcision it persists and it’s covered.
I want us to be angry. I want us to demand equal treatment…equal coverage. I want one celebrity or billionairess to jump in the fight. It’s time.
Idk how I feel right now, but I don't think its good...
I don’t really know whats up, I was really agitated last night. so agitated that I couldn’t fall asleep til almost 4 am. And I woke up this morning feeling so… Idk. Some kind of way that makes me think I might cry.
I think I’ve been trying to be a little too strong lately. I don’t think I’ve been honoring my feelings much. I just feel like nobody has room to think about my problems. They’re all going through their own stuff and most of that stuff is much worse than what I’m dealing with right now. Idk.
Then again, I haven’t really tried. Lots of times I have a hard time seeing why talking about things makes them any better. So I usually just don’t.
Idk. I have plans all day today. But really, I just wish I could go back to sleep.